Don't Be Like Megyn

Though quite obviously a Ferrerman, I'm actually half-woman. That's on my mother's side. 

I stole that from comedian, Jena Friedman.  Check her out on YouTube. VERY funny and woke. I like her delivery. 

It's weird because I always thought of myself as 'woke' even before the word came into common usage and vilified by republicans. With a mom and four sisters, I knew early on that women were different and needed to be treated different and protected by us fellas, and from us fellas. Back when I was tending bar, I created the Waitress Protection Program (WPP) because I knew that our girls often had difficult exes looking to give them trouble. On top of that, they were walking out to their cars with like a hundred dollars in cash any given night. And it was optional as we were available on request. Though we worked in a nice, west suburb of Chicago, crime can happen anywhere, anytime. Women probably know that more than men. They have to be alert for rapists. Like, always alert. 

I make a lot of jokes about the current trope of women choosing the bear over any man in a woodsy encounter, but I do get it. I look for the silliness in life wherever I can find it. Most women are probably aware that the bear could kill and eat them- but not necessarily. That's kinda true of men too, but you don't want to find out the hard way about either. This thing about The Cornell 7 has opened a lot of eyes, even mine. In fact, in these trumpian times, a lot has been revealed about men through that scumbag and how the world reacts to his actions. He raped E. Jean Carroll (Oh, but did he??!!) but because it was forcible, digital penetration many men and women think he didn't. He himself said he didn't do it because he didn't consider her attractive enough to rape. "Not my type!" he said. Oh, he has a type to rape? Interesting. 

Rape is any unwanted, forcible penetration whether it's fingers, an object or even a tiny mushroom of a penis. It's not something that only happens to women deemed hot and worthy by a president, evidenced by the fact that 80-year-old nuns have been raped. Talk about, "What were you wearing??!!" A lot of men will fuck anything that moves, whether animal, mineral or vegetable. Well, maybe not mineral. That just sounded 'right' at the time. 

I think I've always been aware of the dynamic of me being alone with a woman, and that woman being a little spooked by the situation. I trust me, but I get that a strange woman has no reason to trust strange me. Even back in the day when I was as young and pretty as I used to like to think I was, I didn't want to make a girl feel uncomfortable by my presence. We didn't have to chat or anything. Two ships passing in the night can just say "Hey" and move on. 

Megyn Kelly has offended me for years with her awful takes on- everything- but her recent obscene takedown of the victim in the Cornell gang rape was a place I never thought even she would sink to. Not sure how she came about her info, but her insider advantage has discovered the victim has "cankles" flabby arms and is decidedly unattractive. In her estimation, the woman desired the attention and was a willing participant. Megyn sounds presidential in her desires for women. I think Megyn took the relative unattractiveness of the victim and timesd it by 7 boys from good, monied families and solved the case to her own conclusory satisfaction. After all, kids, Santa IS white!" Megyn went to law school, you know. 

I can't get onboard with "Believe ALL women!" No, sir. I've been married... Women are people too and people can lie, cheat and steal regardless of gender. Nobody gets blanket acceptance from me that I can think of about everything. But you have to listen. You have to investigate. You have to care about seeking the truth. You have to do something about it. You can't be like Megyn. Oh, dear God- don't ever be like Megyn!

Again, in these Trumpian times, no one knows how or even if the Cornell 7 will be adjudicated. There are millions of republicans who feel that the futures of seven young men shouldn't be hampered by their actions one night. No surprise there, but still, plenty of room for disgust. Same goes for the dozens of guys invited to join in that night who could have simply called the police if they were afraid to go over to the frat house and stop it themselves. Some were cowards, some might have been in disbelief, but all failed to act. They really megyned it up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Her Soft Underbelly Exposed

Molehills On the Battlefield