Shut the Fuck Up!

 "When Justice is blind, bad guys take the fifth. When justice is corrupt, good guys take the fifth".

I'm not very vested in these Fauci hearings in congress. Honestly, I wasn't all that vested in Covid at the time as, around it's beginning was when my 89-year-old mom fell and chipped a bone in her hip. I was housebound taking care of her from then on anyway, so the quarantines and disruptions of people's daily lives were already in my domain. I certainly kept up with the news via the media and cringed along with my fellow sentient beings at the republican exploitation of the pandemic though. What a shitshow! People were dying all over the world and our *leader* was telling people to drink bleach, take horse medicine and also ignore it. Yeesh...

And I know a witch trial when I see one now, and that if a guy like Rand Paul takes a stand on anything, there is a 100% chance that he's completely wrong and doesn't know what the fuck he's yammering about.

So, when I see clips on the internet of Dr. Fauci taking our 5th Amendment right of not answering questions, I totally get that. My internet algorithms tell me that I'm interested in lawyers who advise us to "shut the fuck up" when dealing with the police in practically ever circumstance. I totally get that too. Their job is to put someone in prison, and it doesn't always matter who. You will do fine for them whether you did it or not. Cops are like car salesman. They stop just short of saying: "Come on, work with me! What's it gonna take to get you in the backseat of my squad car??!!" It is certainly true that republican congressmen are as well.

Not everyone in life deserves the truth. Like Jack Nicholson said in, "A Few Good Men"; "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!" People in general can bobble it too. The above-mentioned mother had a habit of repeatedly asking the same question, hoping to break a suspect (me, or any of us kids) down. That borders on the definition of insanity, which is often said to be; "Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result". I love mom, but she had her odd ways and means. I'm pretty sure all moms do.

Generally, in interrogations the interrogator is looking for the answer they want to hear. Thus, the repetition. Wear the victim down. Cops do this with juvenile suspects (and it works on adults too!) by adding in that if the person just tells them what they want to hear, they can go home. The USSC has long since determined that police can do this in the course of an investigation. They can lie. They can tell you they've got a dozen witnesses who saw you do "it" so you might as well confess, and they'll go easy on you. Wives and girlfriends do this as well, but they have not been sanctioned to do so by the Supreme Court.

Naturally, because their 'enemy of Trump' is taking the 5th, republicans see it as 'lying'. The million or so times Trump has pled the 5th- well, he was being a good businessman, I guess. Facebook maga are aghast that Fauci wouldn't even answer what color the carpet was and other similarly seemingly innocuous questions. The deal as I see it is that, if you break stride after ten 5th pleas to acknowledge that the carpet is blue, you could have answered the other questions. I'm not 100% on that, but I think that's the way it works. Cops pulling you over from traffic violations that may or may not have occurred, want to know where you have been, where you are going and oh, BTW, is there anything in your vehicle that might not belong there and, can they have a look? This is where Facebook republicans say you should comply- if you have nothing to hide...

Fucking idiots.

I'm pretty certain Dr. Fauci did nothing nefarious. If he did, these congressional clowns are not the folks to get to the bottom of anything. If your thinking is so non-linear that you can't fathom that science is a process, that changes as new discoveries and experiments go along, then you should take the fifth on asking questions. If you have a conclusion and then try to force that conclusion by asking loaded (or seemingly innocuous) questions, you need to sit due process out. You are not up to it. Case dismissed, with prejudice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Her Soft Underbelly Exposed

Connections