DEY DOYERS??

 In sports fandom, there are just some teams that you seem born to hate. I love California as a state, but I hate west coast teams. Always have. Always will. All things being equal, I pretty much hate east coast teams every bit as much. And if somebody mentions the Packers or the Cardinals and Braves, it becomes pretty obvious that I have no love for the Midwest or southern teams. Fuck it- let's narrow it down. I'm a Chicago sports fan. In my old age I'm even softening towards the Chicago White Sox. I have Sox fans in my family; please don't tell anyone!

But Dey Doyers?? I was an early adopter of hatred for them before their recent visit with Trump at the Whore House in DC. I'm glad to see the rest of the civilized country catching on to this contempt for Doyer blue. 

I think championship teams being hosted at the White House is silly, regardless of who is president. Why are you doing this? What does any POTUS have to do with your winning season? The 2016 Cubs went to the White House twice for the same year. Our brilliant GM, Theo Epstein, made sure the team got there in the waning days of Barack Obama's second term because, Theo wanted that and time was running out. Even though Obama was a southside White Sox fan, many on the team wanted the honor of meeting with the man who was president when they broke the 108-year losing streak. Some didn't. Fuck them. I honestly don't remember who did or didn't attend the first visit- and I don't want to think too hard about it because that little boy inside of me still wants to believe in heroes. However, yeah, fucking Joe Maddon (our winning manager) organized the second, unnecessary trip to the Whore House, because I guess he liked the cut of this new guy Trump's jib. I guess he felt the republicans on the team deserved equal time for some reason. I can't respect that. It's stupid. 

But then, honoring a president for any sports victory is stupid. It's just more glaringly stupid when the president is Trump. Nobody knew how awful Trump would be, back in 2017. Even those of us who had a pretty good idea- well- it turns out we had no idea. I had hoped that at worst he would be a more comical George W. Bush. He has proven to be (hopefully) the most obscenely ridiculous we'll ever have, but also the worst, most embarrassingly awful one too. Which brings us to Dey Doyers.

These fuckers can't pretend Trump was a new, shiny object now. Everybody in the world knows about him at this point. Even perhaps Joe Maddon, (who inexplicably pulled Kyle Hendricks in Game 7 because he had a plan to get Jon Lester in on short rest) might object to Trump now. I don't know. I don't fucking care. Baseball players are dumb. Most sportswriters will tell you that. They have to talk to them all the time. Though some ballplayers do go to college, the usual route to the pros is getting drafted out of high school and going into the minor leagues. That's the extent of their education. In the NBA and NFL, the 'minor leagues' are college ball. Those fellas at least are offered reading, 'riting and 'rithmetic. NHL? Similar to baseball, but those guys are Canadian and, thus, nice, polite, good boys. 

Two Doyers did not attend Trump Fest at the Whore House; two players of color, Mookie Betts and Kiki Hernandez. I got to believe that was intentional, but I don't know. Every goddamn Doyer who knows how to turn on a TV must be aware of how hard Trump's ICEholes are hitting Los Angeles. Maybe they just don't care? Baseball pays really good. Dey Doyers have the largest payroll in MLB. They have the best player in the leagues- Shohei Ohtani. He's a Japanese immigrant. He made Trump Fest. ICE didn't check his papers. Well, that I know of.

Dey Doyers came bearing gifts; jerseys for Trump and even his own World Series ring. No Doyer Peace Prize though. That may cost them in the short term. He has wanted to nuke California in the past. He doesn't like their younger, handsome, articulate, governor or the way they vote, which is 'not for him'. Trump's an asshole, but monied and poor people alike are more than willing to overlook that for a variety of inane reasons. I think baseball players tend to prefer republicans in general, because republicans don't believe great wealth should be taxed. The *thinking* is that republicans in power will take care of you and your money. Of course they will. Just give it to them and find out. 

The internet is upset that Dey Doyers made the trip to the Whore House. It isn't obligatory. Teams in other sports have passed. And if not the teams, various players have passed for various reasons. Some players may have been as deeply offended by Obama's ACA as Mookie and Kiki may have been at Trump's ill treatment of people of color. If you respect the latter, you at least have to tolerate the former, right? Trump has taught us that there are "good people- on both sides". He's wrong about that. There are NO good Nazis and very few good republicans. There are at best two good Doyers. I'm just happy that the rest of the world is wise to Dey Doyers and their evil ways. I can't wait to see who 2028-9 champions will be honoring. I hope it's at the White House. I hope we never have a Whore House again. 


Comments

  1. There's got to be a connection regarding athletes and right wing politics. Something about being a real man. Sadly, I don't see the doyers losing sleep or money over their choice to visit a raping orange man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a part of it, I agree. It's very hard to get to the majors and even harder to stay. Once there, you have got to feel special. It's admirable to be able to hit a baseball and yada yada, but if you elevate yourself because of that one thing over all other people, you struck out looking as a human being.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Her Soft Underbelly Exposed

Connections