Just when I thought I was out...

They drag me back in... Well, I was NOT licking my wounds and drowning my hurt fee fees after this site's unexplained ambush of my last post. I actually had to come out of retirement and beautify this town a little. My landlord remembered I was a retired painter and asked if I'd be interested in doing a few small jobs for him. Of course, I wasn't but he's a nice guy and it's always a good idea to keep the landlord happy, so I didn't hesitate to say yes. I find him to be very agreeable, and he encouraged me to take my time and work at my own pace. No pressure. 

I don't remember the last time I had a decent nap! That fucks me up. I spent a couple decades getting up early to enjoy my mornings before making a 7 am start somewhere in Tennessee or Illinois, but being as there was no pressure, a noon start was fine. Not a one of these 'jobsites' was more than 4 minutes away! Small town life. The last one is right outside my door. It's good to know I can still bring it, though it's not the big-time commercial work I spent most of my time doing, it's something to do that I do quite well and I like being my own boss over me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Her Soft Underbelly Exposed

Molehills On the Battlefield